Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Morning Coffee

 It's time again to sit back, grab that cup of coffee and enjoy your Sunday.  


Thank you for sharing a few minutes of it with me.  Here we go.  First a little humor. 
 
A Parent's Prayer
by David Axton

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my sanity to keep.
For if some peace I do not find,
I'm pretty sure I'll lose my mind. 

I pray I find a little quiet,
Far from the daily family riot.
May I lie back and not have to think
About what they're stuffing down the sink, 



Or who they're with, or where they're at
And what they're doing to the cat.
I pray for time all to myself
(did something just fall off a shelf?)

To cuddle in my nice, soft bed
(Oh no, another goldfish--dead!)
Some silent moments for goodness sake
(Did I just hear a window break?) 


 And that I need not cook or clean
(well heck, I've got the right to dream)
Yes now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray my wits about me keep,

But as I look around I know,
I must have lost them long ago!


**************************************************

And a very cool video.  Time lapse shots of Vancouver City.  It includes day shots, night shots, clouds, fog, really cool stuff.


************************************************************

I leave you today with this from Ladysmith Black Mambazo.  They are an acapella group made up of South African men who sing in the vocal styles of isicathamiya and mbube. Shabala is their founder. According to their website
"the group took the name Ladysmith Black Mambazo – Ladysmith being the name of Shabalala’s rural hometown; Black being a reference to oxen, the strongest of all farm animals; and Mambazo being the Zulu word for axe, a symbol of the group’s ability to “chop down” any singing rival who might challenge them".

I love acapella music and I could listen to these guys for hours.  I hope you enjoy it.  


Well, my friends, I bid you farewell for now.  I hope I brought some laughter and beauty to your Sunday.  Make it a great one!

Toodles!  

No comments:

Post a Comment