Tuesday, April 2, 2013

By Chuck Collins



“The Radio Murders: The Collectors” by Chuck Collins is a compelling story that pulled me in from the first page and never let me go. The plot was tight and well paced. Every page revealed something new and intriguing. Every character was well developed and interesting, none of them ordinary or predictable. My only complaint is the end of the story.  It was a total surprise and I found some of it not completely believable.

The story begins with a standoff between a woman who has killed several people before and a man she believes has something of great value to her. The entire ordeal is aired live on the radio show that is hosted by the brother of the murderous woman. When the opening scene ends, we are left with many questions that are dealt with in the rest of the book. It’s a story of family and greed and the things we will do for either. It has intrigue, sex, exotic locations, politics, and murder. The one thing it does not have is a dull moment.

The behavior of some characters at the end of the book seemed contrary to their nature and out of character to me. This is my only criticism of the book. It’s a ride that starts on page one and keeps moving and turning until the very last page. I highly recommend “The Radio Murders: The Collectors” if you’re looking for a fun, intriguing read. I look forward to the next installment in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment